Saturday, January 14, 2012

Today Was the Best Day

To say our wedding day was flawless is an understatement.  It was magical.  It was the happiest day of my life.  And I never thought I could be so cliche but that seems to be the running theme of my life now anyway. 

I woke up at 6 and went for a run this morning, although the easy 5-miler didn't do much to calm me down.  I did my own makeup and hair while on a conference call up until the time I had to leave for the chapel.  It's almost like it didn't hit me right away.  But then it did.  And I haven't stopped smiling since.




There aren't any words to convey how much I loved Dale today.  And how much I loved my parents, and how lucky I am to have them.  If at any one moment in my whole entire existance, I could pinpoint a time when I felt perfect, it would be this day.

Plus, the wedding itself was only the beginning.  The outpouring of emotion from my family, from Dale's family, was amazing.  You never really know how much your family loves you until you give them a baby. 

After the wedding, I put my gameface on because it was a very important day for the Rehman Family of Las Vegas.  The playoff game between the 49ers and Saints was much hyped at our house, and my parents, my husband, and I sat stoically in front of the television for an uninterrupted 4 hours.  There were highs, there were lows, there was swearing, there were tears.  But the best part was the outcome.  4 lead changes in the last 4 minutes ended with the Niners on top and a collective exhale could be heard from our fans all over the world.  There are events and sports moments that you look back on fondly, remembering where you were.  The Super Bowls.  The Catch.  Steve Young's 49-yard scramble against the Vikings for a game-winning touchdown.  But I will never forget this game.  My favourite game.


My dad's big brother called to congratulate him on the triple-threat of his daughter's marriage, a grandchild on the way, and the 49ers going to the NFC Championship, and I'd never seen him happier.  His pride filled up the whole room.

My honeymoon started off with Dale and I staring at each other in our honeymoon suite, unable to form the words that could possibly describe how it felt.  That didn't last though because I was exhausted, and the baby has me tired at 8pm.

But I'm trying to stay awake because I don't want the day to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment